In 1969 the Napa Valley Symphony Orchestra was the first to perform as part of the Robert Mondavi Winery Concert Series. Over 40 years later, the list of musical legends and icons who have also become a part of this Concert Series legacy include Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Ray Charles, Rosemary Clooney, Harry Belafonte, Tony Bennett, Etta James, Gladys Knight, Smokey Robinson, and more. The extensive list of amazing contemporary artists is just as outstanding and along with many others features Dave Koz, Brian Culbertson, Josh Groban, Gavin Degraw, k.d. lang, Shawn Colvin, India.Arie, and Cassandra Wilson.
It’s not uncommon for the schedule of performances to include artists that fans would gladly attend the Concert Series alone for rather than miss an opportunity to enjoy their favorite performers in this unique and beautiful venue.
The upcoming concerts for 2013 include:
- A special one night performance by Martina McBride on Saturday, June 29th
- Lifehouse on Saturday, July 6th
- Huey Lewis and the News on Friday, July 12th
- Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers on Saturday, July 13th
- ZZ Ward and Delta Rae on Saturday, July 20th
Each concert offers a choice between General Admission, Patio Seating, Reserve Seats, and Dinner Seating.
- General Admission: Guests are welcome to enjoy seating on the lawn by bringing a blanket to lounge on or low lawn chairs
- Patio Seating: Chairs supplied by the winery on their new patio area
- Reserve Seats: Low beach chairs supplied by the winery on the lawn area closest to the stage
- Dinner Seating: The evening for Dinner Seating begins with a standing wine reception in the winery’s cellar followed by a family-style dinner served with Robert Mondavi wines at the edge of the To Kalon Vineyard
With limited parking and carpooling encouraged, this is the perfect evening to contact Napa Wine Tours for your private chauffeured car.